Shanghai'ed!
Alright, I'm at my dad's studio with wireless available. Couldn't get the internet working back at the apartment last night. Anyway, I'm using a new laptop so lotsa stuff are still missing. I can't view my own blog, or anyone else's. So I just hope this post comes out right.
Arrived in Shanghai yesterday morning and my first thought was "COLD!!@#". It's still the cold season so thank God I brought my ultra-tapered long johns, ha. Had dinner last night at Sake Sushi- btw all plates on the um, moving sushi belt, cost S$1.20 :P Went to a massage parlor after that- a first for me. It was perhaps the weirdest hour or so I've ever spent lying down, but it was somewhat relaxing. At least it wasn't those parlors with smelly chinese oils or big macho men/women practising their submission moves on you.
This morning I was greeted with a very pleasant sms- I've been posted to TP Visual Comm :D Finally, this is the real reward for all the "blood, sweat and tears" put in last year- to get into the school of your chioce. I guess it's true- "Those who sow in tears will reap with shouts of joy". Gaybrielite moment there..
I'm just glad that I can finally acess the internet and MSN. It sucks to be disconnected from all your friends and brudders.. I'm already missing my guitars, fishing, YF'ers etc- all the things back Home. I miss having to turn on the fan/aircon because I was feeling warm. Here, it's not seldom that I can hardly feel my fingers- even indoors. The sky is rarely clear- the sun is seldom visible, and everywhere's grey when you walk on the streets. And the chinese.. :/
Things have been okay here at the studio. The staff are nice to me. I've been learning from this big guy called whom we all the staff call "Xiao Pang". He's big. We've been shooting little Shiseido cosmetic products today, so at least I've learnt some lighting tips and stuff.. They'll be shooting live flying birds tmr so I'm looking forward to that. But I'm looking forward more to getting my dang ipod repaired. It's been spoiled for a month :|
Man, I love my laptop. I love technology. Good thing I brought my warcraft CD's along with me as well :D
I guess it's not all that unbearable.. Well, thats all for now.
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
4:59 PM